Week 1 The Gingerbread Man Foundation had loads of fun in the role play bakery! We actually made real gingerbread...
Welcome to Rockets and Comets!
We may be the youngest children at South Wilford Primary School but we work very hard as well as having lots of fun!
We hope that you can use our webpage as a catalyst for discussion about what we have been learning in school (in case your child says “I can’t remember” or “I don’t know” when you ask them!)
Miss Albans-Marriott – Early Years Lead, Comets Class Teacher
Dr. Reay – Rockets Class Teacher
Mrs Durner – PPA cover
Mrs Birkbeck – Early Years TA
Ms Bull – Early Years TA job share
Miss Johnson – Early Years TA job share
- PE We do PE once a week (either Wednesday or Friday). Children need to keep their PE kit in school all half term and any long hair needs to be tied back in a bobble.
- Tapestry Don’t forget to keep checking Tapestry for observations of your child to see what they have been learning, and please add photos or comments of all their fantastic learning and achievements at home!
- Water Bottles Children need to have a water bottle in school every day with water in and not juice, as we are a Healthy School.
- Reading A member of staff will read with your child once a week, but it is important that you regularly read with them and practise their High Frequency ‘tricky’ words and letter sounds at home.
- Maths Challenges Have a go at these at home with your child to reinforce maths learning in class each week; they do not need to be handed in at school.