Welcome to Rockets and Comets!
Welcome to EYFS – Rockets and Comets!
We may be the youngest children at South Wilford Primary School but we work very hard as well as having lots of fun! We hope that you can use our webpage as a catalyst for discussion about what we have been learning in school (in case your child says “I can’t remember” or “I don’t know” when you ask them!)
Miss Albans-Marriott – Comets Class Teacher
Mrs Lazenby – Rockets Class Teacher
Mrs Birkbeck – Comets TA
Miss Jacobs – Rockets TA
Miss Buckell – Cover TA
Mrs Dürner – Cover Teacher
- PE We do PE on a Friday and children need to keep their PE kit in school all half term. Long hair needs to be tied back in a bobble and any earrings need to be taken out/taped over.
- Tapestry Don’t forget to keep checking Tapestry for observations of your child to see what they have been learning, and please add photos or comments of all their fantastic learning and achievements at home!
- Water Bottles Children need to have a water bottle in school every day with water in (not juice) as we are a Healthy School.
- Reading A member of staff will read with your child once a week, but it is important that you regularly read with them and practise their High Frequency ‘tricky’ words and letter sounds at home.
- Maths Please practise recognising and ordering numbers 0-20 regularly, counting amounts of objects accurately, and matching numerals to amounts. Games and everyday activities involving finding 1 more or 1 less, adding amounts together and taking some away, halving, doubling and sharing objects would also help your child to consolidate their learning in Maths.
- Writing Please practise writing at home in an informal and fun way with your child. Writing for a purpose, such as a shopping or Christmas list, postcards from holidays, birthday cards, treasure hunts, bedroom signs, and letters will help to engage them. Support them with holding their pencil properly and forming the letter shapes correctly.