Payment for school meals
At school we use a system called Evolve to order and pay for school meals.
In moving to the Evolve system, we have been able to remove the previous constraints around meal ordering. Children will now be able to opt in and out on a daily basis rather than having to stay for a whole week at a time and we hope this added flexibility will help those of you who manage meals around working hours and after-school activities.
- All school meal ordering is completed by you online via a website called myevolvehub.com
- You will need to register as a user and create an account for your child/children. You will need your child’s unique activation code to complete the registration process. These are available from the school office.
- Children in EYFS and Key Stage 1 who currently enjoy Free School Meals will still require an account. You will order meals online but there will be no requirement to pay. The very same applies to children in other year groups who benefit from Free School Meals (you will still need to “process” your basket!)
- One of the aspects of this system is that menu options for children who suffer from allergies are “locked-down” so you will simply not be able to select some specific meal options. This gives you greater control over what your child is eating.
- All meals (main and dessert) are ordered in advance by 9am on the day the meal is required. You can order and pay for as many meals as you wish e.g. just one, one week, a half-term.
- Where a meal has not been purchased, the default choice will be a jacket potato (with filling) and fresh fruit for dessert.
- The system does not allow for any debts to build. Where accounts become “overdrawn” the balance must be cleared before further purchases can be made.
- If your child is absent from school and you have previously ordered and paid for a meal, you will need to go online and cancel the purchase by 9.30am
Click here to view the Quick User Guide which provides a brief overview of how to set up an account.
Special Dietary Requirements
If your child suffers from any dietary conditions, this doesn’t preclude them from staying for school dinners. Please speak to our Cook Supervisor and explain the background and she will work a menu around your child to accommodate their dietary needs.
We’re here to help!
As always, staff in the School Office are always on hand to assist with any queries you may have in relation to school meals and this includes your entitlement to Free School Meals. Please ask!